7.24.2012

Waldschattenspiel

A couple of days ago I came across a post on BoingBoing about a board game called "Waldschattenspiel". Trees, gnomes, a candle, and shadows -- my imagination was sparked.

Gnomes hiding in the shadows.

I managed to locate the rules of the game along with a ton of pictures which enabled me to make my own version of the game. My kids all got involved, each making their own gnome out of air-dry clay. Once the carboard trees and base were complete, we tested it out in the dark and had a blast. I'll post more pictures once I get the wooden version of the gameboard and trees complete.

Molly and Aubrie making gnomes.

Once dry, we'll paint these guys up.

Cardboard mock-up.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Thats a nice game and a great home made version too. Id like to make my version too. Can you help me with templates or measures? (board, trees)

    Thanks!
    endberg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put together an Instructable that describes all of the dimensions and how the gameboard and pieces were made:

      http://www.instructables.com/id/Waldschattenspiel/

      Good luck and post a picture of your finished game!

      Delete